Network 4.612 generates evolutionary trees and networks from genetic, linguistic, and other data. Network can then provide age estimates for any ancestor in the tree.
Website and download: http://www.fluxus-engineering.com/sharenet.htm
Platform: Windows (can be emulated on Linux by using Wine)
Input file: multiple sequence alignment in RDF format. It can be generated by DNAsp
Steps to generate your network
- Open the Network software;
- Data entry / Import RDF file / continue;
- Find the rdf file generated with DNAsp and click Open;
- Next, click in Save. Rename the file and click Ok;
- Close this window;
- Click Calculate network / Network calculations / Median joining;
- Click File / Open (choose the rdf file generated by DNAsp;
- Click Calculate network;
- Rename and save the file *.out;
- Click Draw network;
- Click File / Open (find your *.out file) and click Open.